The Washington Post editorial board has called for EcoHealth Alliance President Peter Daszak – an American scientist whose collaborations with the Wuhan Institute of Virology were funded by Anthony Fauci – to testify before U.S. Congress.
Daszak is singled out in the outlet’s recent op-ed, “One Person Who Might Know What Really Happened In Wuhan,” which questions the continued cover-up of his ties to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) and involvement in “killer” gain-of-function research with coronaviruses. The article follows the National Institutes of Health admitting that Fauci lied about the manner of research conducted by Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance in cooperation with the WIV.
“Unanswered questions keep emerging about Mr. Daszak and the WIV,” the paper asserts before asking: “Why did he not disclose his 2018 proposal to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for research on bat coronaviruses with the WIV and others, which called for engineering a modification onto spike proteins of chimeric viruses that would make them infect human cells in the way the pandemic strain did? What does he know about the databases of viruses that WIV took offline in 2019 and never brought back? Does he know what research the WIV may have done on its own, during or after their collaboration? What was being done at WIV in the months before the pandemic?”
Daszak, who did not respond to The Washington Post’s request for comment, “must answer these questions before Congress,” the paper argues. “His grants were federal funds, and it is entirely appropriate for Congress to insist on accountability and transparency,” it adds.
The calls follow months of National Pulse reporting highlighting Daszak’s extensive conflicts of interest with the WIV and the Chinese Communist Party, which should have excluded him from serving on bodies such as the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 origins investigation team. The National Pulse, which called for Daszak to testify in front of Congress six months ago, has also revealed the close ties between Daszak and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Fauci.
- CONFLICT OF INTEREST: WHO’s COVID Investigator is Recipient of Chinese Communist Cash, Worked With Wuhan Lab for 18 Years.
- EXC: CCP-Linked Peter Daszak Has Long-Standing Relationship With “Incomparable” Dr. Fauci.
- WATCH: Explosive, Unearthed Video Shows Peter Daszak Describing ‘Chinese Colleagues’ Developing ‘Killer’ Coronaviruses.
- Peter Daszak Headlined Wuhan Lab Conference 2 Months Before Serving On World Health Organization COVID-19 Origins Team.
- EXPOSED: Fauci Headlined Conference With ‘Bat Lady’ and EcoHealth’s Daszak Despite Distancing Himself from Wuhan.
- Peter Daszak Led Conference Sponsored By Chinese Communist Party.
- EXCLUSIVE: WHO Investigator Peter Daszak Authored Over 20 CCP-Funded, Linked Studies.