President Trump reminded us that he is surpassed by none when it comes branding when he recently unveiled his new slogan for the midterms, “Democrats produce mobs, Republicans produce jobs.”
Is there a more succinct summary of the political divide since Trump’s election than this?
- At least a handful of Trump administration officials have endured public harassment by left-wing activists since inauguration.
- Senators Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) were both accosted at restaurants while dining with their spouses.
- In the midst of the Brett Kavanaugh drama, deranged lunatic Ronald Derisi made threatening phone calls to two GOP senators as well as Kavanaugh. Additionally, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) staffer Jackson Cosko doxed 3 GOP senators by releasing their personal addresses and telephone numbers to the public. Jackson Lee’s staff initially claimed that Cosko was an “intern,” but we have since learned he was a “fellow” who was being paid by an “outside organization.”
- Liberal celebrities including Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, and Madonna have displayed what can at best be described as extraordinarily irresponsible and callous actions aimed at the President.
- The left-wing domestic terrorist organization Antifa has unleashed violence in cities including Berkeley and Portland. Senator Tim Kaine’s (D-Va.) son also wanted a piece of the action and was arrested in Minnesota after fireworks and smoke bombs were set off inside the state capitol.
…and the list goes on.
Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of all this is that the aforementioned behavior appears to be encouraged by prominent Democrats including Maxine Waters and, even more shocking, Hillary Clinton. Clinton recently told CNN that “you cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for” and “if [Democrats] are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again” — or, in other words, “Give-Me-What-I-Want-Or-Else.”
MUST READ: Clinton Protégé Congressman Serving on National Security Committees Invested In At Least SIX Chinese Communist Party-Linked Firms, Including Military Proxies.
This divisive rhetoric is ironic coming from someone whose presidential campaign slogan was “Stronger Together.” (I haven’t seen Clinton distance herself so much from her own remarks since TPP!) It should be no surprise, then, that some in the Democrat base feel emboldened to harass, intimidate, and bully anyone they see fit with this kind of disgusting leadership from their own party. Hillary, delete your 2020 campaign — preferably with BleachBit.
But while Democrats have increasingly embraced mob-like tactics in their “resistance” to President Trump, the Trump administration and the Republican Congress are on track to create around 2.5 million jobs this year.
Thanks largely to Trump’s tax cuts and the reduction of government red tape, the U.S. economy is in the best shape it has been in in over a decade. Annual GDP growth is on track to eclipse 3 percent this year (which many left-wing economists and pundits had written off as impossible), and consumer sentiment is near all-time highs. Even Barack Obama has conceded that the economy is doing well — even as he also tells Republicans “You Didn’t’ Build That.”
President Trump’s superb exercise in branding puts greater pressure on Democrats to put forth a real plan for job creation. Until Democrats are able to fight off their party’s increasingly socialist base, their policies stand no chance of igniting booming economic growth — no matter how much they riot.
Photo credit: Gage Skidmore