H/T: The Washington Post
1. Went to “work” with his dad. — During college Donald Trump worked for his father’s real estate business. He managed to graduate college with a net worth around $200,000.
2. Rode around Manhattan in his dad’s sweet limo.
3. Prowled for beautiful women at “Le Club” in NYC. — This was one of the most exclusive and insane clubs of the 1970’s. In Trump’s own words, “Like Studio 54 at it’s height.” He probably went…
4. …while wearing something like the outfit above. — According to a Trump biographer, Timothy O’Brien, “His prowling gear at the time included a burgundy suit with matching patent-leather shoes.”
5. “Promoted” his relationship with politicians. . . i.e. bought them off. — “The other thing I promoted was our relationship with politicians, such as Abraham Beame, who was elected mayor of New York in November of 1973,” he wrote in “Trump: The Art of the Deal”. “Like all developers, my father and I contributed money to Beame, and to other politicians. The simple fact is that contributing money to politicians is very standard and accepted for a New York City developer.”
6. Had his business charged by the Department of Justice for violating the Fair Housing Act. — The allegations were that Trump’s company discriminated on the basis of race or color by having different rental terms and refusing to rent to people of color.
Terry Schilling is the executive director of American Principles in Action.