Over the past few weeks, Joe Biden and the Radical Left have attempted to ram their coronavirus “relief package” through Congress with little to no Republican support. Despite the bill being branded as relief from the pandemic, the bill burdens Americans with paying billions to support left-wing programs. Last Friday, Joe Biden asked Republicans what they would remove if given the opportunity.
With credit to @Oilfield_Rando on Twitter, we thought we’d lay out some ideas of how Republicans should answer Biden’s question of what could be cut. We found $420 billion worth of potential savings:
- $350 billion to bail out badly-run Democrat states which managed to kill thousands of small businesses with onerous lockdowns and allow rioting, looting, and chaos to run rampant since June of 2020;
- $1 million for a “Vaccine Confidence Program,” to “improve rates of vaccination throughout the United States” and to “improve vaccine confidence in the United States, its territories, and possessions,” despite the fact that over 450 people in the United States have died after taking the vaccine, including an individual just 23 years old;
- $91 million for outreach to student loan borrowers, domestically and internationally, as well as $35 million for Howard University, and $19 million for Gallaudet University;
- $1.5 million for the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation;
- $50 million for “environmental justice” and “tackling the climate crisis,” and $50 million for the Clean Air Act;
- $10 billion for the Homeowner Assistance Fund to run all the way until 2025;
- $40 million for “administrative costs” for the Department of Treasury to simply oversee and administer the Homeowner Assistance Fund program;
- $1.5 billion for “businesses enterprises owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals,” and an extra $1 billion for states that “demonstrate robust support” for the same kinds of businesses. One has to ask how the left will evaluate which business owners qualify as “socially disadvantaged?”;
- $15 billion for airlines alone, while Democrats simultaneously GUT the Keystone Pipeline, which provides crude oil for jet fuel production. (Keep the industry, but kill the thousands of American jobs that support it);
- $852 million for the Corporation for National and Community Service through 2024;
- $570 million for “Emergency Federal Employee Leave” to pay for government employees to take leave in light of the pandemic, while millions of families across the country are working tirelessly to make ends meet;
- $77 million to the Government Accountability Office to ensure that the “Coronavirus response” funds are being allocated to respond properly to the “Coronavirus pandemic.” Looks like GAO will have its hands full, then!;
- $30 billion for Federal Transit Administration;
- And finally, $1.6 billion to bail out Amtrak, Joe Biden’s favorite!
And that’s just a start!
Make sure you send this list to your representatives today.