❓WHAT HAPPENED: Chris LaCivita, former campaign co-chief for Donald Trump’s 2024 campaign, has quietly abandoned a defamation lawsuit against the left-wing Daily Beast over its reporting on campaign expenditures. He is believed to have settled privately, receiving no correction, apology, retraction, or any cash.
👤WHO WAS INVOLVED: Chris LaCivita and the Daily Beast.
📍WHEN & WHERE: The lawsuit was abandoned nearly 10 months after it was filed.
💬KEY QUOTE: “Fuck around and Find Out. I’m really looking forward to making my case in front of a jury.” – Chris LaCivita (March 2023).
🎯IMPACT: The abandonment of the lawsuit comes after President Trump reportedly told LaCivita that if the stories about his financial take from the campaign were untrue, he should sue the media outlets reporting on it. He has now abandoned such cases.
Chris LaCivita, a senior figure in Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign, has abandoned a major defamation lawsuit against the left-wing Daily Beast after the outlet published a stunning report about LaCivita gouging nearly $20M from the campaign’s coffers.
“The consulting firm of Donald Trump’s White House campaign’s co-manager has raked in $19.2 million and counting from the Republican nominee’s political operation in just two years,” the Beast reported in late 2024.
President Trump is said to have told LaCivita that if the claims were not true, he should sue those who published them, forcing LaCivita to embark on a costly legal process that is believed to have used Republican National Committee (RNC) donor cash rather than his own to defend himself.
Per reporting from November 2024, Trump summoned LaCivita on his plane.
“As they settled across from each other, Trump reached for a small stack of paper: a printout of the Daily Beast story… For the next half hour… the two men had it out—profanities flying but voices kept intentionally low—as LaCivita insisted to Trump that he wasn’t ripping the candidate off. Trump, the sources said, seemed to vacillate between believing his employee and seething over the dollar figure, wondering how something so specific could be wrong. Finally, after a couple of concluding f-bombs… he added: ‘You should sue those bastards.'”
RNC donor cash then flowed to LaCivita’s attorney, Mark Geragos, for over $650,000 in legal fees. Geragos previously represented Hunter Biden, Colin Kaepernick, and Michael Jackson.
“F— Around Find Out,” LaCivita tweeted at the time. “I’m really looking forward to making my case in front of a jury.”
Just 10 months later, however, LaCivita abandoned his much-publicized claims. The Daily Beast did not retract or even have to change any part of its story. It offered no apology or cash payment, both of which are common in settlements.
After the campaign, LaCivita was one of the very few campaign staffers not to make it into the White House, instead taking on a role managing RINO John Cornyn’s Senate campaign in Texas, as well as advising Warner Bros. on its mooted takeover. He is also a senior advisor to Senator Lindsey Graham, who is facing a strong primary challenge from Project 2025 author Paul Dans.
As part of his campaign in Texas, LaCivita has endeavored to attack those supporting Attorney General Ken Paxton, including former Trump campaign chief from 2016, Stephen K. Bannon.
In the moments before this story was due to be published, LaCivita lashed out on X (formerly Twitter), falsely claiming that the Editor-in-Chief of this publication, The National Pulse, is an “illegal alien.”
He’s an illegal alien https://t.co/MByLA6HC84
— Chris LaCivita (@ChrisLaCivita) February 20, 2026
Join Pulse+ to comment below, and receive exclusive e-mail analyses.