The Congressional Black Caucus partnered with a Chinese Communist Party influence group flagged for its efforts to malignly influence U.S. government policy on a virtual visit discussing “economic and trade cooperation,” The National Pulse can reveal.
The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) counts membership from most African-American elected officials in Congress, including high profile representatives such as Rep. Maxine Waters and Sen. Cory Booker. Other members include the Somali-origin Rep. Ilhan Omar, January 6th Committee Chairman Rep. Bennie Thompson, and prior to becoming Vice President, the Indian-Jamaican origin Kamala Harris.
The caucus claims to tackle racism and “marginalization,” but, as The National Pulse has previously revealed, it collaborates with one of the most racist, repressive, and genocidal regimes in history: the Chinese Communist Party.
In addition to CBC members sending their student-age constituents on propaganda trips to China, the group also had its staff members participate in a “virtual visit” with the Chinese People’s Institute of Foreign Affairs (CPIFA) in December 2021.
“On December 14th, the Chinese People’s Institute of Foreign Affairs (CPIFA) and the US-Asia Institute co-hosted a Virtual Visit of the US Congressional Black Caucus Staffers,” explains the think tank’s website.
“The two sides exchanged views on issues such as US-China relations, US-China economic and trade cooperation and climate change,” added the CPIFA.
The CPIFA functions as part of China’s United Front Work Department, which the U.S.-China Security and Economic Review Commission identifies as Beijing’s operation “to co-opt and neutralize sources of potential opposition to the policies and authority of its ruling Chinese Communist Party” and “influence foreign governments to take actions or adopt positions supportive of Beijing.”
The U.S. State Department compares the United Front to the Chinese regime’s “magic weapon” to advance its preferred policies.
The following staffers – who represent nine CBC members – participated in the call:
- Matt Holcombe: Legislative Correspondent for Representative Dwight Evans;
- Kevin Diamond: Deputy Chief of Staff to Representative Lisa Blunt Rochester;
- Christopher DeVore: Legislative Director for Representative Alma Adams and former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Analyst;
- Rodney Kazibwe: Legislative Assistant for Representative Colin Allred and former Legislative Aide for Senator Chuck Schumer;
- Rahmon Ross: Legislative Aide for Representative Donald McEachin;
- Francesco Barbacci: Foreign Policy Fellow for Senator Cory Booker;
- Delia Kashat: Senior Policy Advisor to Representative Brenda Lawrence;
- Khaula Kaiser: Legislative Director for Representative Hank Johnson and
- Rico Doss: CBC Legislative Director.
While the CBC and its members are quick to call out America as a systemically racist country, the caucus routinely fails to call out the Chinese Communist Party for its human rights abuses and exploitative trade practices.